As part of Richland College's ongoing SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) accredition process, all HIST1301 and HIST1302 students are required by the History Department to complete an Oral History Project which consists of three items:
- Digital Audio or Video file of face-to-face interview with either:
- A military veteran of any nationality and any military service
- Or, someone old enough to remember the African-American Civil Rights Struggle of the 1950s and 1960s
- Reflection Essay
- Legal Release Form
Students enrolled in Dr. Butler's classes who make a good faith effort to complete this project in conformity with the requirements will receive participation credit (ten percent of course grade) as follows:
- For Audio/Visual File, 70% of project credit
- For Reflection Essay, 20% of project credit
- For Completed Legal Release Form, 10% of project credit
SEE COURSE CALENDAR (in Syllabus) FOR DEADLINE DATE.
READ ME FIRST!
LEGAL RELEASE FORM
SUBMITTING YOUR ORAL HISTORY PROJECT